‘Companies in the Kitchen’ - Innovative Alternatives for Strengthening Teams
– Reward, Recognition, Recruitment, Retention, and Recreation –
Epicurean Exchange was a pioneer in using the kitchen and team cooking as a vehicle for corporate gatherings. Since 1999, Epicurean Exchange has specialized in dynamic cooking events for businesses and organizations, inviting over 300 companies to participate. In a comfortable and stimulating environment, we provide culinary activities that mirror workplace challenges, and bring out the best in all to produce amazing results!
In the kitchen, work groups will prepare one of several courses from a seasonal menu and then sit down to enjoy the delicious results together. Employees learn about the impact their work styles have on each other and workplace situations. As a result employers can expect greater productivity and improved work group dynamics. Employees will approach professional situations with greater confidence and clarity, and will be motivated to embrace positive life skills.
Corporate Program Occasions:
• Management and Departmental Outings
• Staff Appreciation
• Client Entertainment
• Day Programs for Convention Groups
• Holiday Parties
• An innovative exercise designed to build and support workplace effectiveness
• Learn different approaches to problem solving, stress management and organizational rapport
• Provide high-quality results with a unique, low-cost event alternative close to home
• Enhance professional relationships by learning more about colleagues as individuals outside the familiar work environment - the ‘common ground’ of the kitchen
• Promote a healthy corporate culture by rewarding hard work with an enjoyable and meaningful activity
• Provide opportunities for employees to make better lifestyle choices to enhance their workplace effectiveness
• Enhanced living through practical and useful lessons about food, its preparation and enjoyment
• Optional wellness component within the program to highlight the importance of nutrition and fitness and the impact on our work and personal lives
Three Easy Steps:
1) Contact Epicurean Exchange to Select Date, Time and Venue:depending on the number of participants, choose from kitchen venues in Orinda, Emeryville, San Francisco and wine country venues in Napa and Sonoma. Programs are available over lunch (10 AM – 2PM) and dinner hours (6PM – 10PM). The Chef will coordinate all event details.
2) Select a Theme and Menu: Choose lunch or dinner menus, all of which are seasonal, organic, regional selections and can be presented as small plates, buffet or sit-down plated. Wine pairing programs are available to add an additional dimension to your program.
3) Arrive and enjoy the program with your invited guests
Because the Chef will customize each event to meet your needs, the fee structure varies by event and is based on venue, class style and format, menu selection and the number of participants. Generally, the cost is between $85 - $125 per person